Sterilisation Made Easy, by Milton
The Importance of Sterilisation
Until a baby’s first birthday, they are extremely vulnerable to infections because of their significantly weaker immune system. By their first birthday, they would only have acquired 15 – 17% of their natural anti-bodies called immunoglobulins. It is your duty as a loving parent to protect them always, but more importantly during the critical first 12 months of their lives.
Some of these risks include development of mild thrush, but a huge concern is the onset of vomiting and diarrhoea, which can be caused by Rotavirus and even E.Coli. Campylobacter is a virus that can also be picked up from cats and dogs. Anything that is going, or might potentially go into your baby’s mouth, needs to be sterilised!
Milk is also the perfect environment in which bacteria can grow. This makes a baby’s feeding equipment especially risky!
However, do not fear!
As sterilisation with Milton is your best defence against all of these and more. Milton has more uses than you think!
To keep your baby safe the following items should be sterilised:
- Baby feeding bottles and dummies
- Breast pump parts
- Breastfeeding accessories: nipple shields, breast shell
- Storage containers for breast milk
- Weaning items: plastic bowls, plates, spoons
- Teething items
- Small plastic toys
- Any other item your baby might put in their mouth
Milton can be used to disinfect the following:
- Kitchen sponges and scourers.
- Non-metallic jars, bottles and storage containers.
- Chopping boards
- Non-metallic cupboards, work surfaces, shelves, cookers, fridges and freezers by wiping with made-up solution.
- Remove stains from cups.
- Kitchen utensils and crockery.
Milton and Your Kitchen
- A kitchen is a popular area for all members of the family to prepare food. Use MILTON when cleaning to disinfect kitchen floors for a healthy cooking environment.
- Your kitchen sink is often used to prepare food and clean cutlery and crockery. Ensure your kitchen sink is sterilised by using MILTON daily when cleaning.
- Kitchen garbage cans are an ideal spot for germs to breed. Use MILTON to sterilize your cans when emptying the garbage and prevent the spread of germs.
- Countless objects such as food and groceries are put on kitchen counters and table tops. Use MILTON to ensure that these popular surfaces are germ free.
- Mould and mildew may gather in hidden damp areas such as underneath your kitchen sink. You can use MILTON to treat these affected areas and remove all mould and mildew build ups.
- Fruit and vegetables are often left with impurities when store bought – you can wipe your fruit down with MILTON when cleaning to ensure that they are disinfected and impurity free.
- Microwaves may often be overlooked when cleaning allowing for the spread of germs. Use MILTON to wipe down & disinfect your microwave from the inside out.
- Your refrigerator houses majority of your food and so should never be neglected when cleaning. Use MILTON to disinfect your fridge by wiping down the doors, edges and fridge top as well.
- Kettles and other small appliances may sometimes be forgotten when cleaning. Add MILTON when wiping down your appliances and make sure to rinse thoroughly before use.
- Residues are often left on stove tops after cooking and are an ideal breeding ground for germs. Use MILTON when cleaning to disinfect your stove counter and stove plates.
Kitchen Cutlery and Crockery
- When preparing food ensure all your plastic cutting boards are germ free by sanitising them with MILTON prior to use.
- Cutlery and crockery is constantly handled by different people in the household. When cleaning your cutlery and crockery add MILTON to ensure that they are germ free and sterilized
- Can openers may often be used and placed right back in the cupboard without cleaning. Use MILTON to wipe and disinfect electric and manual can openers.
Ensure every spot in your kitchen is disinfected and germ free. Use MILTON when cleaning your kitchen cupboards to disinfect the shelves, door handles and doors.
Keeping your Baby Safe
- Protect your children from germs. Use MILTON when cleaning your children’s high chair to disinfect and prevent the spread of germs and possibly infections.
- Children’s toys are an easy target for germs. Use MILTON to disinfect all plastic toys.
- Toilet seats are a known germ haven. Use MILTON weekly to sterilise toilet seats preventing the spread of germs.
- Don’t forget the inside of your toilet bowl when cleaning. Use MILTON inside the toilet bowl to prevent the spread of germs.
If your toilet is germ free, the rest of your bathroom deserves to have the same treatment. Use MILTON when cleaning your bathroom floors to sterilise this popular surface.
- Your bathroom basin is also a targeted area for germs to spread and even breed. Add MILTON when cleaning to sterilise your bathroom basins.
- Clean and sanitise your shower wall with MILTON which will prevent the build up of mould and mildew.
- You can also prevent mould and mildew build up on your shower head, handles and doors in your bathroom.
- Don’t forget the soap holders and shelves when cleaning. These areas can be sanitised easily by using MILTON
Just because you clean your teeth daily doesn’t mean your toothbrush is clean. Soak your tooth brush in water with MILTON to prevent the build up of germs.
- Bathroom counter tops and cupboards may be subjected to the build up of mould and mildew – you can use MILTON to solve this common problem with ease.
No one wants their children to be subjected to the dangers of germs. Use MILTON to disinfect your children’s bath toys.
- Bathroom mirrors may become smudged and dirty. Use MILTON to clean this surface.
- When spring cleaning your bedroom use MILTON to clean all plastic coated bedroom cupboards.
- Bedside lamps are often neglected when cleaning, use MILTON to wipe and clean these forgotten surfaces.
- Make sure your hair is clean! Soak you hairbrushes and combs in MILTON to sterilise and prevent the spread of germs.
Computer peripherals such as your keyboard and mouse may be touched by several individuals in a day. Use MILTON to wipe your computer keyboards and mouse thus ensuring they are hygienically clean. Wipe each item lightly and do not over wet.
- Desktop phones are often forgotten when cleaning, use MILTON to wipe and disinfect your phone. Wipe each item lightly and do not over wet.
- Use MILTON to wipe and disinfect your remote controls to ensure you are watching your favourite program with one less worry. Wipe each item lightly and do not over wet.
- When cleaning fish tanks use MILTON to clean and remove mould and mildew.
- Mould and mildew may build up where there is moisture. Use MILTON to remove mould and mildew from all your wall surfaces in your TV room.
- Door knobs and handles are touched daily yet they are seldom cleaned. Use MILTON to clean and disinfect these hotspots.
- Light switches are more than likely touched every night. Use MILTON to wipe and disinfect this hidden germ haven.
- Staircase railings are meant to protect you and your family, but if they are not disinfected they could do more harm than good. Use MILTON when cleaning to disinfect your staircase railings.