Germs spread easily and quickly, especially as winter draw in. Because babies are fragile and their immune systems have not fully developed they are more prone to infectious diseases and illnesses, such as Rotavirus and Influenza.
Keeping your baby warm and dry is important, as is good hygiene and a diet of breastmilk or paed approved formula before 6 months, and thereafter healthy solids.
6 Hints to keep your home safer using Milton
- Wipe down all surfaces (e.g. kitchen counter tops) with a solution of Milton
- Sterilize bottles, dummies and teething rings using Milton cold water sterilization method
- Clean all baby’s toys using Milton – one of our Milton mums makes a solution in a spray bottle!
- Wipe down baby’s cot, stroller, feeding chair and car seat with a Milton solution
- Germs spread easily from the bathroom. Ensure bathrooms are clean and sterilized regularly and try to prevent baby from entering the bathroom too often
- Anyone who takes care of your baby should wash hands regularly – soap and water is good. Sterilized is better!